Friday, December 2, 2011

...karma of rob...

 A Interview with the legendary drummer of Karma to Burn... the one and only ROB OSWALD


Stonerhead:
What was the reason for the separation of Karma to Burn in 2002 and for the reunion in 2010?
Rob: 
Personally, I was shooting a lot of Heroin. Drugs became more important than making music. Sad to say but true.

Stonerhead:
 
Do you plan a new record in near future?
Rob:
Planning a new record, of course but been bust touring. Don't know where we will write and rehearse as we all live far apart now. Hope to write this one on the East Coast as this is our roots and home. Looking forward to the next KTB record, hopefully in 2012. 

Stonerhead:
 How do you remeber the gig at Stoned from the Underground in 2010?
Rob:
SFTU, had a good time both times. Friends around, fans always good and friendly times. A bit muddy though, and the security was a bit unfriendly.

Stonerhead: 
Karma to Burn is not the only band in wich you have the sticks in your hand, also Year Long Disaster, Nebula and Mondo Generator benefit from your skills. Do you plan any other projects?
Rob:
I am excited to say I have plans in the works to do a project with one of my favorite singer/guitarist/people, Burnt Matress. You may remember him from the first Mondo Generator record, Cocaine Rodeo...will be fun. 

Stonerhead:
Since when do you play the drums?
Rob:
I began playing drums when I was 11. Saw Kiss on the Destroyer tour and it changed my life, I realized what I was here to do. 

Stonerhead:
What are you doing if you're not on tour? 
Rob:
When I am not on tour I am usually making art, usually drawing and working on bikes. Sometimes I make music in my down time but I've been pretty busy, so I have been drawing a lot lately when not on the road. I try to relax as much as possible, so any kinda creativity helps me relax well. 

Stonerhead:
With which album or song of Karma to Burn can you identify your self the most? 
Rob:
I would say Cocaine Rodeo is a good example of me behind the drum kit, it was spontaneous mayhem and that's how I see my drumming.
The KTB stuff is more defined, but also a part of my drum being. Probably 28 is a good example as well. This is a completely different example, but equally a part of my style. 

Stonerhead:
Do you have any ritual or habits before you go on stage?
Rob: 
 Pre stage ritual - Coffee, cigarettes, pacing and getting in touch with my head.
It's mostly a spiritual ritual for me. I don't feel the need to warm up physically, just spiritually. 

Stonerhead:
Do you have a favourite band?
Rob:
Favorite band, fuck...That's a hard one, so I will give you three from different genres.
Chopin,Damned,Public Enemy,Willie Nelson,Dag Nasty
Yeah, I know that's 5.#

Stonerhead:
Which food do you like the most?
Rob:
Favorite food would probably be liver and onions.

Stonerhead:
Anything left to say to all the stonerheads out there? 
 Rob:
Word to Stoneheads,
Thanks for your support, friendship and love.
Always a pleasure meeting talking and hanging with you.
I am grateful and proud to say our fans are awesome and I am honored to have your support.
Keep it Rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment